Jump to Main Content
- Anderson, M. E., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Applied engineering in agriculture 1989 v.5 no.1 pp. 14-16
- agricultural engineering; corn; dielectric properties; ethylene oxide; moisture meters; storage time; water content
- ... High moisture corn was sterilized with ethylene oxide gas and stored for 8 weeks. At 0, 1, 2, 4, 6 and 8 week storage periods the moisture content was checked with the USD A ait-oven method and three electronic moisture meters. The moisture meters gave increasingly erroneous readings with storage time. There was no mold development in the treated corn, but the change in dielectric properties make ...
- Anderson, M. E., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of food protection 1979 v.42 no.8 pp. 631-637
- temperature; equipment; milk proteins; humidity; pH; stainless steel; solubility; cleaning; drying
- ... Rinsability of milk films on stainless steel was impaired by exposure to 100% relative humidity (RH). Rinsability was determined by automated Lowry protein tests of detergent used to remove films. Residue of milk films was 1% of the initial soil load when dried on stainless steel plates without humidification, but was 6.35% of the initial load after drying (30 min), humidification (15 min) and red ...