Jump to Main Content
- Andrino, Felipe Gabriel, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of microbiological methods 2019 v.161 pp. 43-46
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae; bakers yeast; cadmium; dimethyl sulfoxide; enzyme activity; fipronil; toxic substances; toxicity; toxicity testing; water pollution
- ... A simple generic toxicity method (test) is proposed using baker's yeast to mediate the reduction of the colourless triphenyltetrazolium chloride (TTC) to red, 1,3,5-triphenyl formazan, which can be extracted by dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO), enabling the identification of reducible toxic compounds (e.g. cadmium, fipronil) in water for consumption. ...
- Andrino, Felipe Gabriel, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental technology 2016 v.37 no.6 pp. 768-773
- Paracoccus pantotrophus; atomic absorption spectrometry; bacteria; ecosystems; environmental technology; gas emissions; human health; hydrogen sulfide; ion exchange chromatography; sodium; sodium sulfide; sodium sulfite; sulfates; sulfur; thiosulfates; wastewater treatment
- ... One of the problems in waste water treatment plants (WWTPs) is the increase in emissions of hydrogen sulphide (H ₂S), which can cause damage to the health of human populations and ecosystems. To control emissions of this gas, sulphur-oxidizing bacteria can be used to convert H ₂S to sulphate. In this work, sulphate detection was performed by spectrophotometry, ion chromatography and atomic absorpt ...