Jump to Main Content
- Anisimov, A.V., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Environmental and experimental botany 2019 v.162 pp. 239-246
- Zea mays; apoplast; cell walls; corn; dissolved oxygen; mathematical models; mercuric chloride; roots; water potential; xylem
- ... The effect of elevated external pressure on the acceleration of elongation growth in maize root segments was studied. The growth rate of segments increases approximately by 2–2.5 times with the increase in the external pressure of up to 0.5–1 MPa. The dependence of segments’ elongation with the external pressure magnitude is shown for 0.25–2 MPa. Pre-treatment of root segments with a mercury chlor ...
- Anisimov, A.V., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Environmental and experimental botany 2012 v.76 pp. 16-23
- Zea mays; aquaporins; corn; hydrodynamics; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; osmotic treatment; permeability; plasma membrane; root systems; roots; seedlings; tonoplast; water stress
- ... The time dependent response of the hydrodynamic root system to PEG-induced water stress was studied in intact maize Zea mays L. seedlings at intervals varying from several seconds to 3h by detecting diffusional water transfer with the use of pulsed NMR. In order to establish the contribution of water transfer through aquaporins in response to water stress, the transmembrane water transport in cont ...