Jump to Main Content
- Antonini, Massimiliano, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Energy & fuels 2018 v.32 no.8 pp. 8868-8879
- adsorption; air; carbon; carbon dioxide; dehumidification; desorption; electric power; electricity generation; electrolysis; fuels; heat; hydrogen; liquefaction; methane; methane production; models; renewable energy sources; screening; streams; temperature; thermal energy
- ... The continuous increase in electricity production from renewable energy sources (RESs) introduces the intrinsic fluctuating characteristic of RESs in the electric power grid, causing nontrivial grid management issues (e.g., grid congestion). In this work, an innovative power to liquefied methane concept was developed, and process simulations for a 200 kWₑₗ demonstration plant were carried out. The ...
- Antonini, Massimiliano, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2018 v.170 pp. 1484-1492
- biofuels; biomass; biopolymers; composts; cost effectiveness; endothermy; energy; feedstocks; fermentation; food consumption; fossil fuels; heat production; humans; hydrolysis; lignin; manufacturing; surfactants; temperature; value added; wastes
- ... The valorisation of bio-waste is pursued to cope with the increasing amount of waste that results from human food consumption and also to find renewable feedstock for manufacturing fuel and chemicals, as an alternative to fossils. Bio-waste is currently processed using fermentation and thermo-chemical technologies, to produce bio-fuel, compost and small platform molecules. Commercial low temperatu ...