Jump to Main Content
- Appelgrein, C, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Australian veterinary journal 2018 v.96 no.1-2 pp. 28-32
- Bull Terrier; German Shepherd; Golden Retriever; Labrador Retriever; Vizsla; cats; dogs; lungs; morbidity; muscles; osteotomy; patent ductus arteriosus; periosteum; pleura; postoperative complications; thoracic cavity; thoracic duct
- ... OBJECTIVE: To describe a modified rib pivot thoracotomy and its clinical application in client‐owned dogs and cats. STUDY DESIGN: Case series of 24 dogs and 1 cat requiring a thoracotomy. METHODS: A lateral thoracic incision over the required thoracic segment was made. The latissimus dorsi muscle was reflected dorsally. The predetermined rib was identified and the periosteum overlying the rib was ...
- Appelgrein, C, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Australian veterinary journal 2016 v.94 no.12 pp. 461-466
- planning; intravenous injection; vertebrae; ligaments; dogs; excision; sinuses; computed tomography
- ... OBJECTIVE: This case series describes the computed tomography (CT) and surgical findings of nine dogs with dermoid sinuses. METHODS: Medical records were reviewed and summarised. RESULTS: CT with intravenous contrast showed a superficial, peripherally contrast‐enhancing, fluid‐filled structure with a contrast‐enhancing, soft tissue‐attenuating tract that extended from the skin through the dorsal m ...