Jump to Main Content
- Appenteng, Michael, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Appl Water Sci 2017 v.7 no.3 pp. 1117-1129
- World Health Organization; aquifers; bicarbonates; deuterium; electrical conductivity; evaporation; fluorides; fluorosis; groundwater; hydrogeochemistry; ions; iron oxides; mica; muscovite; oxygen; plagioclase; quartz; renal failure; stable isotopes; water quality; weathering; Ghana
- ... This work is to establish the hydrochemistry and origin of groundwater in some parts of the Gushegu district of the Northern Region of Ghana. Hydrochemical data from 19 groundwater and 7 rock samples have been used to evaluate water quality, water types, and sources of various ions as well as origin of the groundwater. The study results show that the quality of groundwater from the area is general ...
- Appenteng, Michael K., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Appl Water Sci 2013 v.3 no.3 pp. 577-588
- deuterium; evaporation; freshwater; groundwater; groundwater recharge; hills; humidity; hydrogeochemistry; ions; isotopes; minerals; mixing; oxygen; rain; rocks; saline water; salinity; solutes; water supply; wells; Ghana
- ... This paper assesses groundwater in the Ga West Municipal Area of Ghana using hydrogeochemistry and isotope approaches. High salinity groundwaters are obtained in the municipality which poses problems for current and future domestic water supply exploitation. The increase in salinity is related to the dissolution of minerals in the host rocks and the evaporative concentration of solutes. The domina ...