Jump to Main Content
- Aregawi, W. A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1160 pp. 327-334
- air; algorithms; apples; biomechanics; cell walls; cortex; finite element analysis; geometry; models; pears; shrinkage
- ... A 3D fruit tissue growth algorithm is presented based on the biomechanics of plant cells in tissues. The algorithm is able to generate realistic virtual fruit tissues. It was used to produce cell architectures of pome fruits with intercellular air spaces. The cell size and shape differences in pear cortex tissue and apple cortex tissue are obtained by implementing different maximum resting length ...
- Aregawi, W. A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food and bioprocess technology 2013 v.6 no.8 pp. 1963-1978
- X-radiation; apples; deformation; drying; fruit quality; fruits; linear models; mass transfer; nonlinear models; prediction; relative humidity; stress relaxation; temperature
- ... Water loss of fruit during storage has a large impact on fruit quality and shelf life and is essential to fruit drying. Dehydration of fruit tissues is often accompanied by large deformations. One-dimensional water transport and large deformation of cylindrical samples of apple tissue during dehydration were modeled by coupled mass transfer and mechanics and validated by calibrated X-ray CT measur ...