Jump to Main Content
- Arp, Jennifer, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Industrial crops and products 2017 v.103 pp. 244-250
- Zea mays; alcoholic fermentation; corn; distillers grains; enzymatic treatment; essential amino acids; ethanol; ethanol production; grain protein; hybrids; isogenic lines; lysine; mutants; mutation; nutrient requirements; plant breeding; starch; tryptophan
- ... Concentrations of the essential amino acids, lysine and tryptophan, present in corn distillers dried grains with solubles (DDGS) are insufficient to fully meet the nutritional requirements in non-ruminant feeds. Mutations known to increase lysine and tryptophan concentrations were combined by breeding into two maize hybrid backgrounds that differ for grain protein concentration (FR1064×Mo17 normal ...
- Chorus Open Access:
- Arps, Jennifer, et al. Show all 16 Authors
- Palaeogeography, palaeoclimatology, palaeoecology 2018 v.489 pp. 209-229
- anaerobic conditions; calcite; calcium; denitrification; dissolved organic carbon; freshwater; microorganisms; nutrients; pH; phylogeny; saline water; surface water; texture; Mexico
- ... We here report on a type of meter-sized pendant speleothem growing under water in the submerged El Zapote sinkhole (cenote) west of Puerto Morelos on the Mexican Yucatán Peninsula. These conical, mantle-shaped downward expanding and diverging calcareous structures, here termed as Hells Bells, are yet unreported in the scientific literature. They are characterized by bell- or trumpet shaped longitu ...