Jump to Main Content
- Arp, W.J., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Plant, cell and environment 1998 v.21 no.1 pp. 1-11
- Calluna vulgaris; Vaccinium myrtillus; Molinia caerulea; Rumex obtusifolius; Arrhenatherum elatius; nitrogen; water use; water; nutrient availability; biomass; dry matter partitioning; soil water; water stress; drought; air temperature; seasonal variation; diurnal variation; Erica tetralix; soil water content; carbon dioxide
- ... Two experiments are described in which plants of six species were grown for one full season in greenhouse compartments with 350 or 560 micromoles mol-1 CO2. In the first experiment two levels of nitrogen supply were applied to study the interaction between CO2 and nitrogen. In the second experiment two levels of water supply were added to the experimental set-up to investigate the three-way intera ...
- Arp, W.J., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of ecology 2001 v.89 no.2 pp. 268-279
- height; plant characteristics; Sphagnum; bogs; vegetation; nitrogen; Sphagnum magellanicum; plants; biomass; dry matter partitioning; botanical composition; plant competition; Drosera; Eriophorum; Erica tetralix; carbon dioxide; ammonium nitrate; Vaccinium oxycoccos; Netherlands
- ... 1. We studied the effects of elevated atmospheric CO2 and increased N deposition on the plant species composition of a Sphagnum-dominated bog ecosystem in the Netherlands. Large peat monoliths (surface area 1 m2, depth 0.6 m) with intact bog vegetation were kept outdoors in large containers and were exposed to elevated CO2 or increased N deposition for three growing seasons. Elevated CO2 condition ...