Jump to Main Content
- Arya, S. S., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of food measurement & characterization 2019 v.13 no.1 pp. 821-830
- additives; chewiness; emulsifiers; flat breads; gluten-free dough; glycerol; guar gum; hardness; hydrocolloids; sodium; stickiness; texture; xanthan gum
- ... The study aimed to investigate effects of addition of hydrocolloids (guar gum, xanthan gum) and emulsifiers (sodium stearoyl 2 lactylate, glycerol monostearate) on the quality of formulated gluten free dough and flatbread. Simplex centroid design was employed for the purpose. Dough textural parameters (dough stickiness, dough strength, gumminess, elasticity) and flatbread characteristics (tear for ...
- Arya, S. S., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of food science and technology 2019 v.56 no.2 pp. 524-534
- bioactive compounds; cost effectiveness; energy efficiency; food composition; food processing; food processing wastes; hydrophobicity; micelles; nonionic surfactants; proteins; toxic substances
- ... Recently, a novel technique for extraction of functional thermally sensitive bioactive components from food has been developed due to its green efficacy (no toxic chemicals) and cost effectiveness. Cloud point extraction (CPE) is one of the such best alternative techniques that can be used for extraction of wide range of organic and inorganic components using green surfactants. It is a simple, rap ...