Jump to Main Content
- Aryal, Deb Raj, et al. Show all 16 Authors
- Agriculture 2018 v.8 no.11
- agroforestry; biomass; carbon sinks; erosion control; grazing lands; greenhouse gas emissions; land use change; livestock production; mangrove forests; models; nutrient management; pastures; production technology; rotational grazing; soil depth; soil erosion; soil horizons; soil organic carbon; tropical forests; tropical grasslands; tropics; Mexico
- ... Land use change from forests to grazing lands is one of the important sources of greenhouse gas emissions in many parts of the tropics. The objective of this study was to analyze the extent of soil organic carbon (SOC) loss from the conversion of native forests to pasturelands in Mexico. We analyzed 66 sets of published research data with simultaneous measurements of soil organic carbon stocks bet ...
- Aryal, Deb Raj, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Nutrient cycling in agroecosystems 2015 v.103 no.1 pp. 45-60
- carbon; chronosequences; climate; dry season; grasslands; land use; leaves; mineral soils; nitrogen; organic horizons; primary forests; rain; seasonal variation; secondary forests; species diversity; tropical forests; Mexico
- ... Forest conversion to agriculture and grassland has been widespread in south-eastern Mexico. The productivity, functioning and carbon dynamics of secondary forests growing after abandonment of agricultural fields are expected to differ from those of primary forests. This study analysed whether forest age and seasonal variations affect the amount and temporal distribution of litterfall and associate ...