Jump to Main Content
- Arzola-Alvarez, Claudio, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of environmental science and health 2019 v.54 no.3 pp. 170-175
- DNA; bacteria; carvacrol; cattle; culture media; denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis; essential oils; fermentation; in vitro culture; in vitro digestibility; methane production; methanogens; polymerase chain reaction; population dynamics; rumen microorganisms; thymol
- ... Two essential oils (EO), thymol and carvacrol, were used in six ratio (100:00, 80:20, 60:40, 40:60, 20:80 and 00:100) combinations of both EO and in a dose of 0.2 g L⁻¹ in bovine ruminal culture medium, 24-h cultures, to evaluate effects on total gas production (TGP), methane production, in vitro dry matter digestibility (IVDMD) and in vitro culture population dynamics of methanogenic and total ba ...
- Arzola-Alvarez, Claudio, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of environmental science and health 2017 v.52 no.1 pp. 23-29
- Escherichia coli; Salmonella Typhimurium; ambient temperature; ammonia; coliform bacteria; containers; crude protein; laying hens; nitrogen; nitrogen content; nitrogen metabolism; pathogens; poultry manure; protein sources; ruminants; uric acid
- ... The current study was conducted to assess the bactericidal effectiveness of several nitrocompounds against pathogens in layer hen manure and litter. Evidence from an initial study indicated that treatment of layer hen manure with 12 mM nitroethane decreased populations of generic E. coli and total coliforms by 0.7 and 2.2 log ₁₀ colony forming units (CFU) g ⁻¹, respectively, after 24 h aerobic inc ...