Jump to Main Content
- Aspé, Estrella, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of chemical technology and biotechnology 2009 v.84 no.2 pp. 254-268
- biofilm; biomass; carbon; denitrification; gases; mass transfer; methane production; models; nitrate nitrogen; nitrogen; nitrogen compounds; prediction
- ... BACKGROUND: The modelling of simultaneous denitrification and methanogenesis (DM) in upflow packed-bed biofilm reactors (UPBR) and the effect of inhibition by nitrogen compounds on methanogenesis has received little attention. This study evaluated the effect using a model that incorporates a pseudo-two-dimensional biofilm model.RESULTS: The model was validated through comparison with experimental ...
- Aspé, Estrella, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of chemical technology and biotechnology 2008 v.83 no.10 pp. 1433-1440
- acetates; acetic acid; equations; pH; sodium chloride; volatile fatty acids
- ... BACKGROUND: The anaerobic degradation kinetics of volatile fatty acids (VFA) in a saline (24 g NaCl dm⁻³) and mesophilic (37 °C) medium was studied under batch test conditions. The acetate production kinetics without inhibition by propionic, butyric and valeric acids was determined. The inhibition of acetate production during syntrophic acetogenesis by VFA and pH was studied. The acetogenesis with ...