Jump to Main Content
- Astatkie Tess, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Industrial crops and products 2020 v.25 no.3 pp. 565
- Myristica fragrans; Plasmodium falciparum; antifungal properties; antimalarials; camphene; carene; chemical composition; essential oils; hydrodistillation; industry; limonene; models; myrcene; nutmeg; p-cymene; sabinene; seed oils; terpinolene
- ... The intent of this study was to utilize distillation timeframes (DT) of nutmeg (Myristica fragrans) essential oil (EO) to generate fractions with differential chemical compositions and bioactivity. Ten fractions were captured at the following distillation timeframes (DT); 0.0-0.5, 0.5-1.0, 1.0-2.5, 2.5-5.0, 5.0-10, 10-30, 30-60, 60-90, 90-120, and 120-240 min. In addition, a control EO was collect ...
- PubMed Central:
- Astatkie, Tess, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2011 v.91 no.6 pp. 1135-1141
- Melissa officinalis; Mentha arvensis; Mentha spicata; Monarda citriodora; Rosmarinus officinalis; Tagetes; byproducts; crops; distillation; gibberellic acid; methyl jasmonate; oils; rivers; salicylic acid; spearmint oil; steam; streams; wastewater
- ... BACKGROUND: Distillation waste water (DWW) is a by-product from steam distillation of essential-oil crops; and currently, it is discharged into streams and rivers. The effects of DWW from 13 essential-oil crops, extracts from two alkaloid-containing species, and three plant hormones (methyl jasmonate, MJ; gibberellic acid, GA3; and salicylic acid, SA) were evaluated on productivity, essential-oil ...