Jump to Main Content
- Atherly, Todd, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of veterinary internal medicine 2019 v.33 no.4 pp. 1660-1668
- Beagle; German Shepherd; biopsy; colitis; dogs; gene expression; genes; genome-wide association study; humans; in situ hybridization; interleukin-13; messenger RNA; pathogenesis; patients; retrospective studies; villi
- ... BACKGROUND: A recent genome‐wide association study in German Shepherd dogs (GSDs) with chronic enteropathy (CE) has identified polymorphisms in the Th2 cytokine genes. HYPOTHESIS/OBJECTIVE: To determine if the expression of the Th2 cytokines, interleukin‐13 (IL‐13) and interleukin‐33 (IL‐33), is altered in the duodenal mucosa of GSDs with CE compared to non‐GSDs with CE and healthy dogs. ANIMALS: ...
- Atherly, Todd, et al. Show all 2 Author
- MicrobiologyOpen 2014 v.3 no.2 pp. 225-238
- Bacteroides ovatus; amino sugars; ammonia; carbon; cellulose; coevolution; cows; fermentation; genes; goats; guanine; host specificity; hosts; humans; microarray technology; mutation; nitrogen; nucleotide sequences; pectins; phylogeny; polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal RNA; sequence analysis; swine; xylan
- ... One-hundred-and-three isolates of Bacteroides ovatus, B. thetaiotaomicron, and B. xylanisolvens were recovered from cow, goat, human, and pig fecal enrichments with cellulose or xylan/pectin. Isolates were compared using 16S rRNA gene sequencing, repetitive sequence-based polymerase chain reaction (rep- PCR), and phenotypic microarrays. Analysis of 16S rRNA gene sequences revealed high sequence id ...
- PubMed Central: