Jump to Main Content
- Atuonwu, J. C., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Critical reviews in food science and nutrition 2019 v.59 no.9 pp. 1392-1407
- economics; energy efficiency; food processing; heat; motivation
- ... The enormous magnitude and variety of microwave applications in household, commercial and industrial food processing creates a strong motivation for improving the energy efficiency and hence, sustainability of the process. This review critically assesses key energy issues associated with microwave food processing, focusing on previous energy performance studies, energy performance metrics, standar ...
- Atuonwu, J. C., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Drying technology 2013 v.31 no.16 pp. 1930-1938
- air; case studies; dryers; drying; energy efficiency; evaporation; fluidized beds; heat; models; temperature; zeolites
- ... This work presents an approach to compute dryer energy efficiency using air flowrate step responses and establish a link between drying energy efficiency and process controllability. The approach is based on the temperature drop between the dryer inlet and outlet air under adiabatic conditions and so decouples water evaporation from heat loss and product heating effects on dryer temperature drop. ...