Jump to Main Content
- Atwell, William, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of cereal science 2016 v.69 pp. 252-258
- Triticum aestivum; Triticum turgidum subsp. durum; dough; durum wheat; energy; extensibility; flour; gluten; milling; milling quality; particle size; pasting properties; rheology; seeds; starch; temperature; texture; viscosity
- ... Puroindoline (PIN) proteins are the molecular basis for wheat kernel texture classification and affect flour milling performance. This study investigated the effect of PINs on empirical rheology and pasting properties in Triticum turgidum ssp. durum and Triticum aestivum. Soft wheat (cv. Alpowa), durum wheat (cv. Svevo) and their derivatives in which PINs were deleted (Hard Alpowa) or expressed (c ...
- Atwell, William, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Cereal chemistry 2016 v.93 no.2 pp. 189-195
- dough; dough quality; gluten; mixing; protein solubility; reducing agents; rheological properties; temperature; thiols; wheat; wheat flour
- ... The effects of temperature (≥25°C) on dough rheological properties and gluten functionality have been investigated for decades, but no study has addressed the effect of low temperature (<30°C) on gluten network attributes in flours with strong and weak dough characteristics. This study monitored changes in protein extractability in the presence and absence of reducing agents, the contents of readi ...