Jump to Main Content
- Augusto, Pedro ED
- Current opinion in food science 2020 v.35 pp. 72-78
- consumer attitudes; enzyme activity; food allergies; food microbiology; food processing; foods; models; nutrient retention; raw materials
- ... This opinion paper discussed past, present and future challenges facing food processing. If new challenges can only be overcome using new approaches, new opportunities arise for food processing. The challenges were organized in topics such as safety, preservation, nutrition, sensorial, wellbeing, environmental and future possibilities. In each topic, traditional, emerging and re-emerging challenge ...
- Augusto, Pedro ED, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Current opinion in food science 2020 v.35 pp. 36-48
- cell membranes; electric field; enzyme inactivation; enzymes; experimental design; food processing; heat; microorganisms; ohmic heating; temperature
- ... The use of microwave and ohmic heating in food processing has the advantage of a fast volumetric heating due to ionic and dielectric mechanisms, depending on field frequency. One topic that has been under debate is whether or not the electric field has a non-thermal effect that enhances the inactivation of microorganisms and enzymes. Numerous studies with controversial have been conducted using di ...