Jump to Main Content
- Awrahman, Zmnako A., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental pollution 2016 v.216 pp. 793-805
- Ephemeroptera; Hydropsyche angustipennis; arsenic; benthic organisms; bioavailability; cadmium; copper; data collection; ecotoxicology; freshwater; habitats; larvae; lead; macroinvertebrates; multivariate analysis; rivers; streams; toxicity; zinc; Poland
- ... Demonstration of an ecotoxicological effect of raised toxic metal bioavailabilities on benthic macroinvertebrate communities in contaminated freshwater streams typically requires the labour-intensive identification and quantification of such communities before the application of multivariate statistical analysis. A simpler approach is the use of accumulated trace metal concentrations in a metal-re ...
- Awrahman, Zmnako A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Aquatic toxicology 2015 v.161 pp. 196-207
- Hydropsyche; arsenic; bioaccumulation; larvae; models; radiolabeling; silver; streams; United Kingdom
- ... Biodynamic modeling was used to investigate the uptake and bioaccumulation of arsenic and silver from water and food by two Hydropsychid caddisfly larvae: Hydropsyche siltalai and Hydropsyche pellucidula. Radiotracer techniques determined the uptake rate constants of arsenic and silver from water, and assimilation efficiencies from food, and their subsequent loss rate constants after accumulation ...