Jump to Main Content
- Ayesh, Ola Ibrahim, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2016 v.182 pp. 57-66
- Aegle marmelos; Anthemis; Camellia sinensis; Juglans regia; Musa paradisiaca; Oryza sativa; Psidium guajava; Quercus; Salvia fruticosa; Solanum nigrum; Solanum tuberosum; Teucrium polium; biodiversity; chemical constituents of plants; diarrhea; fruits; health services; herbal medicines; leaves; medicinal plants; questionnaires; rhizomes; roots; surveys; traditional medicine; traditions; Palestine; West Bank
- ... Folk herbal medicine knowledge and its utilization by aboriginal cultures are not only useful for conservation of cultural traditions and biodiversity, but also useful for community healthcare and drug discovery in the present and in the future.Using a semi-structured questionnaire, an ethnopharmacological survey of medicinal plants used for treatment of diarrhea in the West Bank/Palestine was inv ...
- Ayesh, Ola Ibrahim, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- BMC complementary and alternative medicine 2016 v.16 no.1 pp. 93
- Asteraceae; Ephedra; Lamiaceae; alternative medicine; antineoplastic agents; fruits; leaves; lung neoplasms; questionnaires; scientists; surveys; syrups; traditional medicine; Palestine
- ... BACKGROUND: Plants have been the primary source of medicines since life on earth; more than 50 % of existing cancer treatments are derived from plants. METHODS: An ethnopharmacological survey of herbal remedies used in cancer treatment was carried out in the West Bank/ Palestine. A questionnaire was distributed to one hundred and fifty herbalists, traditional healers and rural dwellers. Collected ...
- PubMed Central: