Jump to Main Content
- Ayres, Andrew, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.670 pp. 865-875
- biodiversity; cost effectiveness; economic incentives; endangered species; groundwater; groundwater recharge; habitat conservation; habitats; issues and policy; land retirement; land use; models; planning; surface water; water conservation; California
- ... As surface water becomes scarcer and precipitation more variable in a warmer climate, reliance on groundwater reserves for agricultural use is expected to increase. Where efforts to achieve sustainable groundwater management require reductions in aggregate extraction, some of these reductions will entail a decline in agricultural production. However, the degree to which water conservation and othe ...
- Ayres, Andrew
- Applied energy 2014 v.113 pp. 1746-1751
- European Union; biofuels; compliance; energy; environmental assessment; environmental impact; freshwater; fuels (fire ecology); greenhouse gas emissions; humans; issues and policy; laws and regulations; road transportation; sustainable development; water footprint; Germany
- ... Germany is required by European Union legislation to achieve a 10% mixture of renewable energy in all road transport fuels by the year 2020. This paper intends to quantify the water use impacts of Germany’s compliance with the transport fuel goal of the EU Renewables Directive. Although the stated purpose of this Directive is to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from the transport sector and address ...