Jump to Main Content
- Azher , Faheem, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of the Kansas Entomological Society 2019 v.91 no.3 pp. 192-208
- Antilochus coquebertii; Dysdercus koenigii; Dysdercus suturellus; adults; artificial diets; biological control; chickens; crops; fecundity; ingredients; insects; liver; longevity; rearing; research and development; vitamin E
- ... Antilochus coquebertii Fabr is an important predator of the red cotton stainer (Dysdercus koenigii) in agricultural crops. The present study explores the development of A. coquebertii reared on three different artificial diets to enhance the efficiency of development and commercial production of this predator. Three artificial diets were prepared from the essential ingredients necessary for the in ...
- Azher, Faheem, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Veterinary parasitology 2016 v.226 pp. 78-82
- Musca domestica; biotic potential; cross resistance; fecundity; fipronil; hybrids; insecticides; larvae; larval development; life history; pests; population growth; poultry; progeny; pupae
- ... House fly, Musca domestica L., (Diptera: Muscidae) a common pest of poultry, has developed resistance to the commonly used insecticide fipronil. The life history traits were examined in the fipronil-selected (Fipro-SEL), susceptible counterpart (UNSEL), and their hybrid progeny strains in order to design an effective resistant management strategy. Compared to the UNSEL strain, the Fipro-SEL was 18 ...