Jump to Main Content
- Barcenas, M.E., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Food chemistry 2007 v.100 no.4 pp. 1594-1601
- shelf life; breads; food quality; baking; baking quality; cold storage; amylopectin; retrogradation
- ... Partially baked bread is a product with short shelf life that requires sub-zero temperatures for extending it. The storage of par-baked bread at low temperatures and the addition of bread improvers with antistaling effects, such as hydroxypropylmethylcellulose (HPMC), are very attractive alternatives for extending the shelf life of these products. In this study, staling during storage of partially ...
- Bárcenas, M.E., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of dairy science 2014 v.97 no.2 pp. 659-671
- UHT milk; UHT treatment; buffering capacity; color; detection limit; ethanol; flavor; homogenization; hydrolysis; microstructure; particle size; proteolysis; sensory evaluation; temperature; viscosity; whole milk
- ... The effect of ultra-high-pressure homogenization (UHPH) on raw whole milk (3.5% fat) was evaluated to obtain processing conditions for the sterilization of milk. Ultra-high-pressure homogenization treatments of 200 and 300MPa at inlet temperatures (Ti) of 55, 65, 75, and 85°C were compared with a UHT treatment (138°C for 4s) in terms of microbial inactivation, particle size and microstructure, vis ...