Jump to Main Content
- Błaszczyk, Małgorzata, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Remote sensing of environment 2019 v.221 pp. 373-385
- climate change; energy; glaciers; ground-penetrating radar; ice; image analysis; polarimetry; remote sensing; synthetic aperture radar; Arctic region; Norway
- ... The warming climate of the Arctic affects the mass budget of glaciers, and changes in the distribution of glacier facies are indicative of their response to climate change. The glacial mass budget over large land ice masses can be estimated by remote sensing techniques, but selecting an efficient remote sensing method for recognizing and mapping glacier facies in the Arctic remains a challenge. In ...
- Błaszczyk, Małgorzata, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Geomorphology 2014 v.206 pp. 262-270
- glaciers; statistical analysis; valleys
- ... The study demonstrates the usefulness of statistical analysis to classify valleys because of the influence of the glaciers that formed them, as well as to determine the average depth at their cross-section parallel to the glacier front. Moreover, the usefulness of the analysis of shape of the histogram of depth, the value of skewness and kurtosis, and the relation between the average, median, and ...