Jump to Main Content
- Bachman, Sarah, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Marine biology 2007 v.150 no.3 pp. 369-375
- Echinodermata; digestion; ecosystems; feces; hosts; pellets; photosynthesis; pigments; predation; predators
- ... Echinoderms are major predators of anemones in temperate ecosystems. The fate of two algae, zooxanthellae and zoochlorellae, after their host anemone (Anthopleura elegantissima Brandt) was consumed by the leather star Dermasterias imbricata Grube was determined in experiments conducted in July and August 2004. Productivity, photosynthetic pigments, and mitotic index (percent of cells dividing) wer ...
- Bachman, Sarah, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Oecologia 2010 v.162 no.3 pp. 791
- carbon dioxide; elevated atmospheric gases; precipitation; photosynthesis; grasslands; dry environmental conditions; semiarid zones; climate change; biogeochemical cycles; gas emissions; prairies; primary productivity; seasonal variation; diurnal variation; soil water; net ecosystem exchange; Wyoming
- ... Predicting net C balance under future global change scenarios requires a comprehensive understanding of how ecosystem photosynthesis (gross primary production; GPP) and respiration (Re) respond to elevated atmospheric [CO₂] and altered water availability. We measured net ecosystem exchange of CO₂ (NEE), GPP and Re under ambient and elevated [CO₂] in a northern mixed-grass prairie (Wyoming, USA) du ...