Jump to Main Content
- Baidoo, Richard, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Plant disease 2017 v.101 no.8 pp. 1432-1441
- Pratylenchus penetrans; Verticillium dahliae; control methods; diagnostic techniques; extension education; fungi; grinding; pathogens; pest control; planting; potatoes; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal DNA; root lesion nematodes; soil; taxonomy
- ... The root-lesion nematode Pratylenchus penetrans is a major pathogen of potato worldwide. Yield losses may be exacerbated by interaction with the fungus Verticillium dahliae in the potato early dying disease complex. Accurate identification and quantification of P. penetrans prior to planting are essential for developing effective integrated pest control measures. However, distinction between P. pe ...
- Baidoo, Richard, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Plant disease 2017 v.101 no.7 pp. 1153-1161
- DNA; DNA primers; Heterodera glycines; eggs; flocculation; grinding; juveniles; pathogens; polymerase chain reaction; population density; soil; soil sampling; soil sterilization; soybeans; sulfates
- ... The soybean cyst nematode (SCN) Heterodera glycines is a major pathogen of soybean worldwide. Distinction between SCN and other members of the H. schachtii sensu stricto group based on morphology is a tedious task. A molecular assay was developed to detect SCN in field soils with low population densities and to differentiate SCN from other species. Various numbers of SCN eggs or juveniles were ino ...