Jump to Main Content
- Baker, S.J., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Reproduction 2010 v.139 no.1 pp. 197-207
- adults; blood serum; bromocriptine; follicle-stimulating hormone; prolactin; rams; receptors; secretion; testes; testosterone
- ... Our objective was to test the hypothesis that prolactin (PRL) acts at both the pituitary and testis levels to regulate testosterone secretion in the adult ram. The focus was on the mid-regression to mid-redevelopment stages of a photoperiod-condensed 'seasonal' testicular cycle. DLS rams (six per group) were given daily s.c. injections of bromocriptine (4 mg) or vehicle during the entire period. S ...
- BAKER, S.J., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 1989 v.38 no.1 pp. 39-51
- Myocastor coypus; Ondatra zibethica; furs and pelts; pest control; planning; population ecology; risk; trapping; vertebrates; weather; United Kingdom
- ... Introduced vertebrates can cause massive environmental damage but most attempts to remove feral populations have failed. This paper discusses the eradication campaigns against feral muskrats, Ondatra Zibethicus and coypus, Myocastor coypus in Britain. Both specks were introduced in the 1920s to be farmed for pelts and feral populations became established following escapes. The risk of environmenta ...
- Baker, S.J., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Plant pathology 1998 v.47 no.4 pp. 401-410
- infection; Hordeum vulgare; Erysiphe graminis f. sp. hordei; disease resistance; genetic resistance; soil water content; water stress; field experimentation; genetic variation; alleles; genotype-environment interaction; genotype; biological resistance; Great Britain