Jump to Main Content
- Bakkenist, Christopher J., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2012 v.109 no.24 pp. 9454-9459
- DNA damage; DNA repair; actinomycin D; alpha-amanitin; chromosomes; free radicals; genes; genotoxicity; humans; intergenic DNA; interphase; ionizing radiation; proteins; somatic cells; transcription (genetics)
- ... Double-strand DNA breaks (DSBs) are continuously induced in cells by endogenously generated free radicals and exogenous genotoxic agents such as ionizing radiation. DSBs activate the kinase activity in sensor proteins such as ATM and DNA-PK, initiating a complex DNA damage response that coordinates various DNA repair pathways to restore genomic integrity. In this study, we report the unexpected fi ...
- PubMed Central:
- Bakkenist, Christopher J., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Journal of Proteome Research 2012 v.11 no.10 pp. 4983-4991
- DNA damage; DNA repair; chromatin; enzyme activity; enzyme inhibitors; fluorescence recovery after photobleaching; fractionation; ionizing radiation; irradiation; proteome; proteomics; radioprotective effect; tandem mass spectrometry
- ... ATM is a protein kinase that initiates a well-characterized signaling cascade in cells exposed to ionizing radiation (IR). However, the role for ATM in coordinating critical protein interactions and subsequent exchanges within DNA damage response (DDR) complexes is unknown. We combined SILAC-based tandem mass spectrometry and a subcellular fractionation protocol to interrogate the proteome of irra ...