Jump to Main Content
- Ball, J.A., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of food quality 2002 v.25 no.2 pp. 107-116
- water content; Capsicum annuum; postharvest treatment; food preservation; coatings; hydrogenated oils; gums; maltodextrins; alginates; soybean oil; cottonseed oil; food storage; shelf life; food quality; chlorophyll; ascorbic acid; dehydroascorbic acid; texture; duration; xanthan gum
- ... Maintaining quality of harvested fruit and vegetables is a challenge. The study investigated the effects of two lipid and lipid/hydrocolloid based coatings on maintaining post harvest quality of green bell peppers. Quality characteristics measured during the 4-week storage period included: respiratory rate, moisture content (weight loss), chlorophyll content, puncture force, ascorbic acid (AA) and ...
- Ball, J.A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 1995 v.92 no.21 pp. 9545-9549
- free radicals; Spinacia oleracea; photosystem II; tyrosine; electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy; manganese; water; oxidation; hydrogen ions; spectral analysis
- ... Electron spin echo electron-nuclear double resonance (ESE-ENDOR) experiments performed on a broad radical electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) signal observed in photosystem II particles depleted of Ca2(+) indicate that this signal arises from the redox-active tyrosine Y(Z). The tyrosine EPR signal width is increased relative to that observed in a manganese-depleted preparation due to a magnetic ...