Jump to Main Content
- Bamberg, Jarkko, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Landscape and urban planning 2018 v.178 pp. 270-275
- exercise; landscaping; vegetation
- ... There is a growing body of research that, under the banner of ‘green exercise’, considers the additional physical and psychological benefits that may be accrued by those who exercise in ‘natural’ environments. This essay considers the implications of how this research has been conducted to date and argues that it may be usefully enriched by a fuller examination of how exercise and environment come ...
- Bamberg, Jarkko, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of environmental policy & planning 2018 v.20 no.2 pp. 157-169
- citizen participation; emotions; environmental governance; environmental policy; planning; politics
- ... Drawing on the wide social scientific literature on emotions and affects, we highlight the value and potential contribution of the affect theory for understanding public engagement in environmental policy and planning. We suggest that such theorization complements political ontologies that envision concerned publics to arise as citizens are attached to objects and other beings in their everyday li ...