Jump to Main Content
- Bamdad, Hanieh, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2019 v.26 no.11 pp. 10902-10915
- absorption; adsorption; biochar; carbon dioxide; combustion; cost effectiveness; effluents; energy; fossil fuels; gases; heat production; hydrogen sulfide; kinetics; landfills; oils; plant residues; power plants; pyrolysis; response surface methodology; sawmills; sorption isotherms; statistical analysis; temperature; toxic substances; zeolites
- ... Acid gases such as carbon dioxide and hydrogen sulfide are common contaminants in oil and gas operations, landfill gases, and exhaust stacks from power plants. While there are processes currently used to treat these effluents (e.g., amine absorption and adsorption using zeolite), many of these processes require high energy, space, and hazardous chemicals. Removal using biochar derived from the fas ...
- Bamdad, Hanieh, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Energy & fuels 2018 v.32 no.11 pp. 11742-11748
- adsorbents; adsorption; air; biochar; carbon dioxide; fuels; nitrogen; pyrolysis; sawmills; surface area
- ... In this study, biochar was thermally and chemically (thermo-chemically) modified and compared to the unmodified parent char in carbon dioxide adsorption. The biochars were sourced from sawmill residues and produced via fast pyrolysis in an auger reactor. The biochar was chemically functionalized using two novel methods of amine functionalization: (i) nitration, followed by reduction, and (ii) cond ...