Jump to Main Content
- Banach-Albińska, Barbara, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Acta agrobotanica 2016 v.69 no.4 pp. aa.1679
- Salix myrtilloides; endangered species; gene pool; glucose; landscapes; males; peatlands; pollen; pollen tubes; reproductive success; staining; swamps; temperature; viability; Poland
- ... Salix myrtilloides L. (swamp willow) is the most endangered species among the boreal Salix species in Poland. The number and size of its population have been decreasing constantly since the 1990s. The main aim of the study was to determine the viability of collected S. myrtilloides pollen and optimal conditions for its in vitro germination. The pollen of S. myrtilloides was collected from 25 male ...
- Banach-Albińska, Barbara, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Acta agrobotanica 2014 v.67 no.4 pp. 81-86
- Salix; ecological succession; ecosystems; endangered species; ex situ conservation; habitats; hydrology; inventories; peatlands; population dynamics; Poland
- ... This research, carried out in the years 2011–2013, aimed to evaluate Salix lapponum stands in the peat bogs of Polesie Lubelskie Region as well as to determine the condition of the population and the changes that have taken place since the 1950’s. An inventory carried out in 25 stands of S. lapponum known from the literature shows that the number of its stands has decreased by 80% in Polesie Lubel ...