Jump to Main Content
- Banerjee, Ishita, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of Molecular Biology 2017
- Gram-negative bacteria; bacterial infections; caspase-1; caspase-4; cell death; inflammasomes; interleukin-18; interleukin-1beta; lipopolysaccharides; monitoring
- ... Inflammasomes are cytosolic multi-molecular complexes that sense intracellular microbial danger signals and metabolic perturbations. Inflammasome activation leads to the activation of caspase-1 and the release of pro-inflammatory cytokines IL-1β and IL-18 accompanied by cell death. An inflammasome-based surveillance machinery for Gram-negative bacterial infections has been recently discovered. Thi ...
- Banerjee, Ishita, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Cell 2016 v.165 pp. 1106-1119
- Gram-negative bacteria; bacterial infections; caspase-11; cytosol; endocytosis; endosomes; lipopolysaccharides; mutants; pathogenesis; sepsis (infection)
- ... Sensing of lipopolysaccharide (LPS) in the cytosol triggers caspase-11 activation and is central to host defense against Gram-negative bacterial infections and to the pathogenesis of sepsis. Most Gram-negative bacteria that activate caspase-11, however, are not cytosolic, and the mechanism by which LPS from these bacteria gains access to caspase-11 in the cytosol remains elusive. Here, we identify ...
- PubMed Central: