Jump to Main Content
- Banerjee, Saumita, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2008 v.99 no.9 pp. 3468-3474
- biodegradation; biofilm; case studies; continuous systems; mass transfer; models
- ... A steady model for the evaluation of external liquid film diffusion and internal pore diffusion effects in an immobilized biofilm system under continuous mode of operation was developed. The model takes into account, substrate diffusion through external liquid film and biofilm. Average rate of substrate consumption in the biofilm was considered. The overall efficiency of the biofilm was mathematic ...
- Banerjee, Saumita, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Biomass and bioenergy 2009 v.33 no.12 pp. 1680-1686
- rice hulls; biofuels; ethanol production; oxidation; pretreatment; processing technology; optimization; temperature; air; pressure; cellulose; lignin; hemicellulose; solubilization; hexoses; pentoses; fermentation; prediction; glucose; xylose; enzymatic hydrolysis
- ... The pretreatment of rice husk by the wet air oxidation (WAO) technique was investigated by means of a statistically designed set of experiments. Reaction temperature, air pressure, and reaction time were the process parameters considered. WAO pretreatment of rice husk increased the cellulose content of the solid fraction by virtue of lignin removal and hemicellulose solubilization. The cellulose r ...