Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: marta?
- Barclay, Martha, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The Journal of child nutrition & management 2001 v.25 no.2 pp. 72-75
- beverages; child nutrition; cookies; dough; drinking; elementary students; females; food handling; food safety; foodborne illness; males; questionnaires; schools; Illinois
- ... Food safety is an increasing concern to the American public. Foodborne diseases cause an estimaled 76 million illnesses per year in lhe United Slales, making it a noticeable and cosily problem (Mead, Slutsker, Dietz, et al., 1999). Most foodborne illnesses originate from unsafe food-handling practices in the home. This research examines food safety knowledge and food-handling practices of 4th- and ...
- Barclay, Martha, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The Journal of child nutrition & management 2003 v.27 no.1
- Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition; Salmonella; Staphylococcus; analysis of variance; attitudes and opinions; botulism; boys; child nutrition; cutting; data collection; educational materials; elementary students; food consumption; food handling; food safety education; gender; girls; lunch; questionnaires; raw meat; risk factors; Illinois
- ... One of the 2000 Priority Research Needs identified by the Food and Drug Administration/Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition was to “determine the population trends with respect to food safety knowledge, attitudes, and practices, especially behaviors that may be significant risk factors for foodborne illness (e.g., food consumption, in-home food preparation, and handling)” (Buchanan, 2000). ...