Jump to Main Content
- Bardekjian, Adrina C.
- Urban forestry & urban greening 2016 v.19 pp. 255-262
- arboriculture; arborists; employment; forests; interviews; issues and policy; labor; labor market; laws and regulations; politics; urban forestry; working conditions; Ontario
- ... This paper explores how arborists negotiate their work environment, including the pressures of policies, the labour market, technologies, government regulations and lack thereof, and the non-human agencies with which they are confronted. The political climate surrounding urban forestry in Southern Ontario influences and governs operations and physical labour. There are many (f)actors and condition ...
- Bardekjian, Adrina C., et al. Show all 20 Authors
- Urban forestry & urban greening 2018 v.31 pp. 157-168
- beautification; canopy; cities; climate; disease outbreaks; ecosystems; green infrastructure; human communities; land use; landscapes; pests; socioeconomic factors; species diversity; topography; trees; urban forests; urban parks; weather; Canada; United States
- ... Understanding how urban forests developed their current patterns of tree canopy cover, species composition, and diversity requires an appreciation of historical legacy effects. However, analyses of current urban forest characteristics are often limited to contemporary socioeconomic factors, overlooking the role of history. The institutions, human communities, and biophysical conditions of cities c ...