Jump to Main Content
- Bardouki, Haido, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of applied research on medicinal and aromatic plants 2018 v.8 pp. 83-89
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Origanum dictamnus; Origanum onites; Origanum vulgare subsp. hirtum; Rosmarinus officinalis; Satureja; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; applied research; aqueous solutions; caffeic acid; essential oil crops; essential oils; hydrodistillation; liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; oxidative stability; potassium hydroxide; rosmarinic acid; sunflower oil
- ... Aqueous solution of potassium hydroxide (KOH) was used in order to obtain rich in antioxidant activity extracts from Origanum dictamnus, Origanum hirtum, Origanum onites, Rosmarinus officinalis and Satureja thymbra, after removal of the essential oil via hydrodistillation. The increase of extraction time induced lower values of total phenolic content and DPPH radical scavenging ability of the extr ...
- Bardouki, Haido, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2017 v.84 pp. 344-352
- Aspergillus niger; Citrus medica; Escherichia coli; Listeria monocytogenes; Pseudomonas fragi; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; Salmonella Enteritidis; Salmonella Typhimurium; Staphylococcus aureus; Staphylococcus epidermidis; antimicrobial properties; essential oils; food industry; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; human cell lines; limonene; melanoma; nitric oxide; oils; solid phase microextraction
- ... The aim of the study was to investigate the antimicrobial and antiproliferative activity of Citrus medica essential oil produced by hydrostillation and evaluate its commercial potential in the food industry. The main constituent of the C. medica peels and essential oil identified by SPME GC/MS or GC/MS analysis was limonene (≈88 and 64%, respectively). The antimicrobial properties were assayed and ...