Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: baker?
- Barker, S.F., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Microbial risk analysis 2017 v.5 pp. 65-70
- aerosols; case studies; cleaning; endotoxins; enteropathogens; inflammation; ingestion; inhalation exposure; lungs; microfiltration; models; no observed adverse effect level; quantitative risk assessment; risk; washing; wastewater treatment; water pollution; water shortages; worker honey bees
- ... As water scarcity increases globally, reclaimed water is becoming an increasingly valuable and environmentally sustainable water source. In particular, use of reclaimed water in occupational settings involving high volume water use can potentially confer significant benefits. Prior to expansion of the use of reclaimed water, it is important that potential health risks associated with different mod ...
- Barker, S.F., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Water 2018 v.11 no.1
- Escherichia coli; alluvium; bacteria; climate; electric power; filtration; groundwater; hydrogeology; ions; monsoon season; population size; riparian areas; rivers; selection criteria; surface water; viability; villages; water salinity; wells; India
- ... Riverbank filtration (RBF) systems were installed in four rural villages along a 64 km stretch of the upper Krishna River in southern India; with each one designed to supply approximately 2500 people. Site selection criteria included hydrogeological suitability, land availability and access, proximity to villages and their population sizes, and electric power supply. Water samples were collected f ...
- Barker, S.F., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2014 no.1018 pp. 451-456
- Lactuca sativa; cash crops; composts; cost effectiveness; farming systems; green manures; lettuce; market prices; poultry manure; profits and margins; risk perception; soil amendments; soil organic matter; summer; variable costs; vegetable growing
- ... A gross margins analysis was conducted based on one example of a potentially cost-effective scenario of compost use in vegetable production. This scenario was developed in consultation with a leading Melbourne vegetable grower with the aim of identifying potential opportunities for the use of compost as a soil amendment based on the grower’s particular farming context. Soil organic matter manageme ...