Jump to Main Content
- Barrera-Necha, Laura Leticia, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Postharvest biology and technology 2019 v.149 pp. 74-82
- Alternaria alternata; Byrsonima crassifolia; alpha-pinene; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; camphene; carotenoids; chemical composition; chitosan; cineole; coatings; color; ethylene production; firmness; fruits; harvesting; microbiological quality; nanoparticles; postharvest storage; storage quality; sweet peppers; weight loss
- ... The aim of this work was to evaluate the structure, chemical composition and biological activity of nanoparticles composed of chitosan (CNPs) and chitosan with Byrsonima crassifolia extract (CENPs), with which two EC, edible nanochitosan coatings (ENC) and edible nanochitosan extract coatings (ENEC) were elaborated, respectively. These coatings were sprayed on bell pepper during the pre-harvest st ...
- Barrera Necha, Laura Leticia, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Plant pathology journal 2010 v.9 no.3 pp. 103-111
- pesticidal plants; volatile compounds; sporulation; Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. gladioli; biological control agents; plant extracts; fungicide resistance; mass spectrometry; plant pathogenic fungi; microbial growth; synergism; in vitro studies; spore germination; powders; gas chromatography; mycelium; leaves; antifungal properties; Mexico
- ... Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. gladioli represent one of the problems of greater importance in the culture of gladiolus. The resistance of this fungus to the fungicides has stimulated the search of new alternatives control measures. The natural plant extracts used in the study were safer to the environment and effective in the control of the plant pathogen tested. The present paper describes the in vit ...