Jump to Main Content
- Barrientos-Palomo, S.N., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Colloids and surfaces 2019 v.560 pp. 352-359
- Escherichia coli; Gram-negative bacteria; Gram-positive bacteria; Staphylococcus aureus; coatings; colloids; contact angle; drinking water; durability; hardness; hydrophilicity; nanocomposites; nanoparticles; oils; pollution
- ... Bioinspired polymer–nanoparticle–fluorosurfactant complex composite coatings are shown to display fast-switching oleophobic–hydrophilic properties. The large switching parameters (difference between the equilibrium oil and water static contact angles) are attributed to nanoparticle enhanced surface roughening (leading to improvement in hydrophilicity and oleophobicity for optimum nanoparticle load ...
- Barrientos-Palomo, S.N., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Colloids and surfaces 2017 v.529 pp. 195-202
- Salsola; arid zones; cotton; droplets; fog (meteorology); gravity; habitats; hairs; harvesting; hydrophobicity; leaves; rolling; trichomes
- ... Salsola crassa plant hairs collect fog in their natural arid climate habitat through the capture and growth of water droplets. These then, either drip onto the ground below due to gravity, or coalesce into larger attached water droplets, whilst concurrently rolling downwards along the curvature of the Salsola crassa leaf (fog collection and water channelling mechanism). Non-woven and cotton fibrou ...