Jump to Main Content
- Barros, Márcio E., et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Journal of functional foods 2018 v.49 pp. 378-383
- Lactobacillus casei; Rattus; abdominal cavity; animal models; animals; blood serum; calcium; calcium oxalate; cheeses; creatinine; dairy consumption; excretion; functional foods; magnesium; males; pH; pellets; potassium; probiotics; radiography; renal calculi; sodium; therapeutics; urea; urinalysis
- ... The effect of probiotic Prato cheese containing Lactobacillus casei 01 (7–8 log CFU/g) on urolithiasis was evaluated. Twenty-four male Rattus novergicus, Wistar line (8 weeks old), with surgical implant of calcium oxalate tablets (CaOx) were used. The animals were organized into four groups (n = 6) randomly divided into: Naive Control (NC); Control of calcium oxalate (CaOx-C); Calcium oxalate with ...
- Barros, Márcio E., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Food research international 2015 v.76 pp. 611-617
- animal disease models; blood lipids; blood pressure; cheeses; cholesterol; experimental diets; hypertension; ingestion; probiotics; rats; renal function; triacylglycerols
- ... The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of ingestion of probiotic Minas Frescal cheese (PMFC) on hypertension parameters in spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHRs). Twenty-eight animals were divided into four groups fed with different experimental diets: control initial (CI), control final (CF), traditional Minas Frescal cheese (CMFC), and PMFC. The latter two groups were fed with 20g ...