Jump to Main Content
- Barros-Dios, Juan M., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2018 v.610-611 pp. 1125-1132
- altitude; arsenic; brain neoplasms; epidemiological studies; equations; geostatistics; lung neoplasms; models; mortality; public health; radon; relative risk; stomach; topsoil; women; Spain
- ... Residential radon exposure is a serious public health concern, and as such appears in the recommendations of European Code Against Cancer. The objective of this study was to assess the association between residential radon levels and mortality due to different types of cancer, using misaligned data analysis techniques. Mortality data (observed cases) for each of the 313 Galician municipalities wer ...
- Barros-Dios, Juan M., et al. Show all 18 Authors
- Environmental research 2019 v.172 pp. 713-718
- adenocarcinoma; biopsy; case-control studies; detectors; experimental design; histology; hospitals; lung neoplasms; odds ratio; radon; risk factors; Spain
- ... Using a pooled case-control study design, including only never-smokers, we have assessed the association of residential radon exposure with the subsequent occurrence of lung cancer. We also investigated whether residential radon poses a different risk specifically for adenocarcinoma.We pooled individual data from different case-control studies conducted in recent years in Northwestern Spain which ...
- Barros-Dios, Juan M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Nutrition 2008 v.24 no.5 pp. 407-413
- functional foods; lung neoplasms; anticarcinogenic activity; risk factors; smoking (habit); beta-carotene; plant-based foods; patients; human nutrition; green leafy vegetables; case studies; fruit products; Spain
- ... Objective: We analyzed the effect of fruit and vegetable intake on lung cancer risk in a population in northwest Spain. Methods: We analyzed data from a hospital-based case-control study including 295 histologically confirmed cases and 322 controls. Controls were patients attending the hospital for minor surgery. There was a minimum age limit of 35 y and sampling was carried out on a sex-frequency ...