Jump to Main Content
- Basga, Simon Djakba, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Catena 2019 v.175 pp. 251-262
- altitude; aluminum; anthropogenic activities; carbon sinks; clay fraction; climate; gravel; iron; soil organic carbon; vegetation; Cameroon
- ... The study was designed to investigate the influence of elevation gradient on soil properties and soil organic carbon (SOC) in the Bambouto Mountain in Western Cameroon and the subsequent consequences of human activities on these SOC contents. Five sites, Bawa, Zavion, Totap, Camp Bororo and Meletan, were selected between 1400 m and 2740 m altitude to conduct the study. Three sampling points per si ...
- Basga, Simon Djakba, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- International soil and water conservation research 2018 v.6 no.3 pp. 237-244
- Vertisols; aluminum; calcium; clay; dispersibility; dry season; electrical conductivity; electrolytes; flocculation; irrigation scheduling; irrigation water; land use; minimum tillage; monitoring; nitrogen; organic matter; paddies; sodium; soil water; statistical analysis; topsoil; water conservation; Cameroon
- ... Clay dispersion by water is important for soil and water conservation as well as for irrigation scheduling. In the present study, clay dispersion/flocculation of irrigated and flooded vertisols in North Cameroon was investigated using clay dispersion/stability indices. Nine vertisols topsoils (0–20 cm) samples were collected on different land use and their clay dispersion indices were assessed. Ve ...