Jump to Main Content
- Baskin, Monica L., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of nutrition education and behavior 2019 v.51 no.5 pp. 598-607
- Blacks; attitudes and opinions; disease severity; eating disorders; eating habits; fetal development; food choices; gestational diabetes; hunger; obesity; pregnancy; sleep; social factors; taste; women
- ... Late-night eating during pregnancy is associated with greater risk for gestational diabetes. The purposes of this study were to describe reasons why women engage in late-night eating and to understand perceptions about changing this behavior.Focus groups using a semi-structured interview script.Urban university-affiliated obstetric clinic.Low-income black women (n = 18) with overweight/obesity at ...
- Baskin, Monica L, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Public health nutrition 2013 v.16 no.12 pp. 2231-2239
- African Americans; advertising; caregivers; females; food choices; food consumption; food industry; food marketing; foods; grandparents; healthy diet; interviews; prices; school children; sugars; youth; Alabama
- ... To assess caregivers’ perceptions of the extent to which the food marketing environment influences food consumption among African-American children (aged 3–11 years) in order to generate potential strategies to make the marketing environment more favourable to healthier eating. Individual semi-structured interviews with caregivers were conducted by trained community leaders to ascertain their awar ...
- PubMed Central:
- Baskin, Monica L., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Critical reviews in food science and nutrition 2010 v.50 no.8 pp. 699-715
- ad libitum feeding; body fat; databases; dietary fat; energy; fat body; finishing; high fat diet; lead; low fat diet; people; snacks; weight loss
- ... The goal of this research synthesis was to separate and articulate questions that had clear meaning, were empirically addressable, and were germane to the broad question “Is fat fattening?” Four such questions addressing the effect of varying the proportion of dietary fat on body weight and body fat were formulated. A comprehensive review of electronic citation databases was conducted to identify ...