Jump to Main Content
- Batista, Anderson Pedro Bernardina, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Forests 2018 v.9 no.2
- Mora; canopy; estuaries; floodplains; forests; mortality; natural regeneration; tree and stand measurements; tree height; trees; Amazon River; Amazonia
- ... The aim of this study was to evaluate the natural regeneration dynamics of Mora paraensis in floodplain forests in three regions of the eastern Amazon, and specifically, to explore the relationship between the abundance of regenerating trees and canopy openness. Tree height and circumference of all individuals of height >50 cm and diameter at breast height (DBH) <5 cm were measured in 2012, 2013 a ...
- Batista, Anderson Pedro Bernardina, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Forest ecology and management 2019 v.441 pp. 99-105
- Bertholletia excelsa; Brazil nuts; conservation practices; forest types; fruit yield; fruits; intraspecific competition; models; nontimber forest products; old-growth forests; trees; Amazonia; Brazil
- ... Brazil nut (Bertholletia excelsa) is one of the most important non-timber forest product (NTFP) species in the world. Better management and conservation practices will only be possible with an in-depth knowledge of tree species ecology. This study aimed to assess the spatial association of fruit yield of Bertholletia excelsa (B. excelsa) trees in two forest types (old growth terra firme forest and ...