Jump to Main Content
- Baxi, Seema N., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Chinese journal of natural medicines 2014 v.12 no.11 pp. 819-826
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Cyperus; Oriental traditional medicine; alanine transaminase; antioxidant activity; aspartate transaminase; atherosclerosis; blood lipids; blood serum; cholesterol; cost effectiveness; flavonoids; guinea pigs; hepatocytes; high fat diet; histology; hyperlipidemia; immunosuppression; kidneys; lipid composition; liver; patients; therapeutics; triacylglycerols
- ... Lipid-lowering and antioxidant activities of a hydroalcoholic extract of Cyperus scariosus Linn. root (HCS) were evaluated in guinea pigs fed with a high cholesterol diet. Serum lipid profile (total cholesterol, triglycerides, LDL-C, VLDL-C, and HDL-C), atherogenic indices and serum enzymes (ALT, AST, ALP, LDH, and CK-MB) were performed in each group at 0 days and at the end of 60 days. Histologic ...
- Baxi, Seema, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of colloid and interface science 2014 v.430 pp. 221-228
- X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; air; antioxidants; ascorbic acid; blood cells; blood-brain barrier; coatings; coprecipitation; dehydroascorbic acid; humans; image analysis; iron oxides; magnetic resonance imaging; nanoparticles; oxygen; scanning electron microscopes; solubility; zeta potential
- ... Water dispersible and biologically important molecule dehydroascorbic acid (DHA, capable to cross the blood brain barrier) coated Fe3O4 superparamagnetic nanoparticles having an average size of ∼6nm were synthesized through one pot aqueous coprecipitation method under atmospheric air. An antioxidant ascorbic acid (AA) used in the synthesis oxidized itself to dehydroascorbic acid (DHA) to consume d ...