Jump to Main Content
- Becker, Jacob D., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Irrigation science 2019 v.37 no.1 pp. 25-34
- breathing; corn; drought tolerance; evapotranspiration; grain yield; hybrids; irrigation; plant density; planting; water use efficiency
- ... Adoption of drought-tolerant (DT) hybrids is a viable strategy for maize production in drought-prone environments. We conducted four-year field studies (2011–2014) to investigate yield, crop evapotranspiration (ETc), and water-use efficiency (WUE) in one conventional (N58L) and one DT hybrid (N59B-DT) under three water regimes (I₁₀₀, I₇₅, and I₅₀, where the subscripts were the percentage of irriga ...
- Becker, Jacob D., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biomass and bioenergy 2014 v.62 pp. 108-116
- Sorghum bicolor; arid lands; biomass production; energy crops; evapotranspiration; field experimentation; irrigation rates; nitrogen; nutrient use efficiency; water use efficiency; Texas
- ... Photoperiod-sensitive sorghum (Sorghum bicolor L. Moench) (PSS) has been identified as a potential bioenergy crop. However, little information is available for water and nitrogen (N) management in PSS in the Texas High Plains. The objectives of this study were to optimize water and N management for improving biomass yield, and to maximize water and N use efficiency in PSS. Two field experiments we ...