Jump to Main Content
- Beh, Adam W., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Plant ecology 2017 v.218 no.1 pp. 23-37
- Acacia; Opuntia stricta; arid lands; cattle; desertification; drought; ecosystems; food security; forage; grasses; grazing; humans; perennials; rangelands; vegetation; wildlife; Kenya
- ... Globally, 10–20% of arid and semi-arid rangelands have been classified as severely degraded (UNCCD, in Elaboration of an International Convention to Combat Desertification in countries experiencing serious drought and/or desertification, particularly in Africa 1994; MEA, in Ecosystems and human well-being: current state and trends. Island Press, Washington, DC, 2005), and in sub-Saharan Africa spe ...
- Beh, Adam W., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Environmental management 2009 v.43 no.1 pp. 49-59
- conservation areas; economic resources; employment; interviews; leadership; rural areas; stakeholders; tourism; Kenya
- ... With record-breaking tourist visits in Kenya in 2005-2006, communities near the country's renowned protected areas must undertake or revisit planning efforts to conserve and enhance the region's natural, social, and economic resources. This article examines the differences between two stakeholder groups in the Samburu region of central Kenya: (1) protected area leadership and staff; and (2) member ...