Jump to Main Content
- Belbachir, Karima, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Analytical and bioanalytical chemistry 2009 v.395 no.3 pp. 829-837
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; absorption; collagen; connective tissues; histology; image analysis; models; multivariate analysis
- ... Abnormal formation and organization of collagen network is commonly observed in many organ pathologies, but analytical techniques able to reveal the collagen biodistribution are still lacking. In this study, Fourier-transform infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy has been used to analyze type I, III, IV, V, and VI collagens, the most important compounds of connective tissues. A robust classification of 30 ...
- Belbachir, Karima, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Analytical and bioanalytical chemistry 2011 v.401 no.10 pp. 3263-3268
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; absorption; cellulose; cellulosic fibers; collagen; germanium; image analysis; paper; starch; tissues
- ... A method based on polarized attenuated total reflection Fourier transform infrared (ATR-FTIR) spectroscopy is proposed for determining the infrared dichroic absorption ratio of a single fiber from a sample deposited flat on a germanium crystal without the requirement of fiber orientation. The method shows its efficiency on cellulose fibers of paper and has been applied to protein fibers (type I co ...