Jump to Main Content
- Ben Hammouda, Samia, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of hazardous materials 2018 v.348 pp. 84-91
- acid mine drainage; adsorbents; adsorption; aluminum; chitosan; gels; ions; iron; ligands; molecular weight; pH; polymers; porous media; rare earth elements; silanes; sulfur
- ... Silica-chitosan hybrid beads were synthesized via three different methods to investigate the selective recovery of REE from AMD. The influence of amino/non-amino silanes, high molecular weight/high viscous chitosan and N-/O- based ligands were studied and their effects on REE removal efficiencies were analyzed. The adsorption efficiencies of three various groups of modified beads were inspected wi ...
- Ben Hammouda, Samia, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of hazardous materials 2016 v.301 pp. 350-361
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; byproducts; calcium alginate; carboxylic acids; catalysts; catalytic activity; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; filtration; gel chromatography; hydroxylation; iron; leaching; mineralization; oxidation; scanning electron microscopy
- ... Iron-alginate beads (Fe-ABs) were successfully prepared by the ion-gelation method, and applied as heterogeneous Fenton catalysts for the removal of a malodorous compound ‘indole’. Similarly, copper-enriched alginate beads (Cu-ABs) were synthesized and tested as like-Fenton catalyst, however, their application proved not to be effective for this purpose. Fe-ABs catalysts were characterized by FTIR ...